Quiero leer un libro en español... I want to read a book in Spanish | SpanishDict Answers

I would like to read a novel in Spanish. I've tried reading children's books, but, believe it or not they are above my level even though I'm in Spanish 3. My teacher said it was because we aren't learning words that go with "Clifford" and "Goldilocks" and stuff like that. So, I was wondering, do you have any suggestions for a Spanish novel that I would for the most part understand? I don't mind looking up some words, but I don't want to have to look up every other word either. Any books you can suggest would be great!

****It doesn't necessarily have to be a novel.****

• Pleaase be more careful with the category!! - 00494d19 Feb 17, 2010 flag

I recommend choosing a book you have already read in English, and then finding a Spanish translation. This way you'll have a good idea of what's going on even when you don't understand the words.

Twilight would probably be an easy one to find.

These are a pretty decent series of short novels that use mostly basic words or words taught early on in Spanish classes. Maybe check one or two out and see how they work for you.

Leer en Español.

I am a beginner in Spanish and I read Junie B Jones y el cumpleaños del ano de Jim by Barbara Park books in Spanish. I understood enough to get the meaning and had to look up a few words on each page (good vocab. lessons). It was more difficult than children´s books but not an adult novel which would be overwhelming to me. I read this book when I was younger in English. I just got it recently for $3 or $4 dollars at Borders.

Estoy leyendo El León, la Bruja y el Ropero por C.S. Lewis. Estoy principiante tambien.

I am reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis. I am also a beginner but I am not in school - I am teaching myself using Paralee's lessons and this site. I have to look up words from the book but even though I am only on the 3rd or 4th page, I am noticing that it is getting easier. I choose the book because I knew the story, I have my old English language version, and I can by the audio book in Spanish to help improve my listening skills. It was only a few dollars on BarnesandNoble.com