How do I!! - change language in Open Office ? | SpanishDict Answers

How do I Change the language from English to Spanish in Open Office. I need to be able to write in Spanish without so many red lines under my words. It drives me crazy.

• Be sure to read the answer by Ltward below. She explains how to change the language for spell check. ;-) - chaparrito Feb 10, 2010 flag

Hey alexh107, try this:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69

Does that help? smile

• This will only change the menus and help. It will not change the spell check. - LeslieW Feb 10, 2010 flag
  • Hey, you're right! Thanks. - chaparrito Feb 10, 2010 flag

Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages -> Default languages for documents.

Only the languages with an "ABC" and checkmark beside them will have spellcheck capbabilities. If your Spanish languages are missing the "ABC" and check mark (mine are) then you will need to install the appropriate dictionary.

More info here

What is "Open Office" ?

• Open Office is like MicrosoftWorks it is just better - 00d91873 Feb 10, 2010 flag
  • Right - anything that is better than MS is welcome by me. Maybe I should try it. - ian-hill Feb 10, 2010 flag
  • It is open source and it runs on Linux as well as Windows. Dunno if there's a version for Mac or not. - LeslieW Feb 10, 2010 flag