2

How do I Change the language from English to Spanish in Open Office. I need to be able to write in Spanish without so many red lines under my words. It drives me crazy.

• | Edited by Goyo Feb 10, 2010
  • | history
  • Be sure to read the answer by Ltward below. She explains how to change the language for spell check. ;-) - chaparrito Feb 10, 2010

1

Hey alexh107, try this:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69

Does that help? smile

• Feb 10, 2010

• This will only change the menus and help. It will not change the spell check. - Lrtward Feb 10, 2010
  • Hey, you're right! Thanks. - chaparrito Feb 10, 2010
2

Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages -> Default languages for documents.

Only the languages with an "ABC" and checkmark beside them will have spellcheck capbabilities. If your Spanish languages are missing the "ABC" and check mark (mine are) then you will need to install the appropriate dictionary.

More info here

• Feb 10, 2010
0

What is "Open Office" ?

• Feb 10, 2010
  • Open Office is like MicrosoftWorks it is just better - 00d91873 Feb 10, 2010
  • Right - anything that is better than MS is welcome by me. Maybe I should try it. - ian-hill Feb 10, 2010
  • It is open source and it runs on Linux as well as Windows. Dunno if there's a version for Mac or not. - Lrtward Feb 10, 2010