Is ? Que` tiempo hace en la verano? asking what temperature is it in the summer | SpanishDict Answers

what does ¿ Qué tiempo hace en la verano? mean and what is the answer to it

• temperature - nizhoni1 Feb 4, 2010 flag
  • No it is not asking about the temperature, tiempo in this contexr means weather. - kenwilliams Feb 5, 2010 flag
  • What that is asking is the time of the season. - 00d91873 Feb 5, 2010 flag
  • This is what the question should be. ¿Qué es la temperatura en verano? - 00d91873 Feb 5, 2010 flag
  • That would be a silly question because the temperature doesn't stay the same all summer it varies in degrees. - kenwilliams Feb 5, 2010 flag

I read that as what kind of weather do you have in the summer.

It should read:¿Qué tiempo hace en el verano? and means what is the weather like in the summer, verano is masculine so it is el verano and not la verano as stated in the title.

Welcome to the forum, While you do have part of your answer the other part can, obviously, only be answered by a specific person at a specific time and place. Here and right now in New Hampshire it happens to be ¡hace frio!

• Yes but now it is winter and the question asks about summer weather and some places have hotter summers than others. - kenwilliams Feb 5, 2010 flag

¿Cómo es la temperatura en verano?

Temperatura in spanish means temperature in english. tiempo means time but when used in the context of the above question it means weather so the question is asking what kind of weather do they have in summer at the place where the question is being asked so if we were being asked tha question in spain I would say hace mucho sol and if I was asked that question about england I would say llueve mucho.