Naranja vs. Anaranjado | SpanishDict Answers

What is the difference between using the words naranja and anaranjado?

What is the difference between using purpura and morado?

They are the same. grin

Morado is kind of dark lilac and púrpura has som red and brown in it, but basically they are the same.

Try googling the colors and you'll see.

Hope it helps!

HI dee, not, this is regionally differently used. In Spain only naranja, and morado.

naranja = orange (the fruit)

and

anaranjado = orange (the color)

• Ahhh...interesting! Thx! :-) - Dee914 Jan 28, 2010 flag

Its probably regional i would assume... In Spain I only heard the words 'naranja' and 'morado' and never the others. I even asked specifically about 'morado'.

But take my experience for what its worth. Perhaps a native speaker can provide more information.

I'm not sure about the difference between the second set, but I always thought that

naranja = orange (the fruit)

and

anaranjado = orange (the color)

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks! smile

• naranja is the color too. - Mokay Jan 28, 2010 flag
  • Thx Mokay! I read you're in Mexico, I want to make sure I'm understanding this. The 'Spanish Is Fun' book I learned from in class teaches as it's written above (but that's just a book). So, are you saying that in Mexico there's no difference between the - Dee914 Jan 28, 2010 flag
  • 2 words for 'orange'? Are they normally interchangeable? Thx so much for your help! Practice makes perfect, but only if I practice correctly! ;-) - Dee914 Jan 28, 2010 flag