I understand that in literal translation dulce sueños, translates sweet dreams, but is this an expression or phrase familiar to latin america, or is there another way to phrase or idiom for "have a good sleep"

it is correct just need to add a couple of words. que tengas dulces sueños... (when talking to only one person) usually is more romantic or caring but to a friend your can say: que duermas bien refering to have a nice sleep.

Que sueñes con los angelitos.

• yes that is a very common phrase usually used for children. angelitos= little angels - juluque Jan 26, 2010 flag
  • siiiii, mi abuela solía decirme eso!!! qué lindos recuerdos! - Benz Jan 26, 2010 flag

It would be dulces sueños, rather than ducle or dulce.

You could also say duerme bien (sleep well).

• Ducle was a misspelling. I have corrected it. - Eddy Jan 26, 2010 flag

I also like to tell my children "sleep with the angels each night."

That would be: "dormiste con los ángeles."

Correct my spanish if needed please.

• no, you should tell them " que sueñes con los angelitos " meaning to dream with angels. - juluque Jan 26, 2010 flag
  • oh yes. my aunt always said "sleep with the angels" but now that you put it that way... much better - yogamamaof2 Jan 26, 2010 flag

ok, the phrase " que tengas dulces sueños" is properly used when you say it to your children or to someone you have a deep affection for...as for Latin American countries if you're a straight man, never ever say this to another straight man because you'd sound sissy.

• Sure... just for children... - Benz Jan 26, 2010 flag