I need to how to say the word meatloaf in spanish for a spanish project that I am doing.

meatloaf - Albondigón

• That sounds like "large meatball" pan de carne or pastel de carne are suggestions. - 0074b507 Jan 25, 2010 flag
  • Yes, we call it "pan de carne". - 00e657d4 Jan 25, 2010 flag
  • That's funny because my son would not eat meatloaf so my wife disguised it as meatballs and he liked it. - Yeser007 Jan 25, 2010 flag

Mucha gente dice, "pastel de carne" or "rollo de carne"...

El nombre varía dependiendo del sitio.

• Yummy. Hey Q, is there a Spanish word for that? :) - Yeser007 Jan 25, 2010 flag
  • Mmmm,,, :-) - Dee914 Jan 26, 2010 flag

This word must be a borrowed word from English (Anglicism); "albondigón" or "albóndiga" is refers crassly to a (very) heavy/overweight/obese person...at least in México. It also means meatballs.

• I voted for you, but there is no tie to English. I think it's an overuse of the suffix "on" where that means a very big something - pilipina Jan 25, 2010 flag

Oh man, I never laughed so hard til you asked this question. The comments are particularly amusing. The other day I was wondering how you would say both pot roast and meat loaf. When interpreting, I have to think.... what is being said, how would you well describe something, when there is no direct cultural language interpretation. Well pot roast is a form of beef, and generally beef is just called "carne", so carne... carne... what? Roast is "asada", but "carne asada" is already taken, and it definately isn't pot roast. So I just said, "carne horneada", it's baked beef. Now for meatloaf, "pan de carne" describes it better than albondigón, because that has too much association to a meatball and sounds funny, like someone else said. Sounds like a big old meatball, good answers, this has been a fun one

My vote goes to "pastel de carne". Here's a recipe (en español): meatloaf