"tiene un buen dia mañana" | SpanishDict Answers

What is the meaning and pronunciation for "tiene un buen dia mañana"?

Usually it is written in the imperative (or subjunctive) form.

[Espero] que tenga un buen día mañana.

Ten un buen día mañana.

These exhortations mean: Have a nice day tomorrow.

The present tense, indicative looks a little out of place there since we are discussing a future time (tomorrow).

It means have a nice day but it's worded a bit different here. Usually you hear (Que) tenga un buen día which is subjunctive. Subjunctive indicates a possibility. Maybe you will have good day tomorrow but I can't say for sure. Maybe you won't but I hope you will etc..

You can find a talking translator on this very site. Just type in each word and hear the man say it back to you. He has quite a nice voice actually.

me allegro por ella

Que tenga un buen día mañana. Have a good day tomorrow! You have to use the subjunctive. The (Ojalá / Espero - to name a few - is cut off from the beginning. for example: "Espero que tenga un buen día"), and what is left is "Que tenga un buen día".

(Espero,ojalá,deseo) que tenga un buen día mañana.

Verbs in the main clause that express a wish, a preference, a request, or similar desire set up the need for the subjunctive in the subordinate clause. In these situations, the subject tells what he or she would like to happen; whether it will actually happen is not certain.

You can find more Spanish tips in my website, visit it!

smile

que tenga/s buen día

hope you have a good day