So my mexicano amigos y yo use this word all the time, either talking about a good looking homegirl, or possibly about a fine looking female we see around. I know the term revolves around the key quality of good looking, but what is the proper translation/explanation for this word, let's put the official entry aqui. By the way, it's not in the translator nor dictionary so admin should take the best answer and put it there since this is actually a common word. grin

-DJ Huero ((( d(-_-)b )))

• "Santeria" by Sublime uses the word Hyna. Referring to the girl in the song he fell in love w/. But its being spelled "HEINA" on their lyrics for song - VirHeina Jan 26, 2014 flag

Yes I have heard this word also -- and always just let it go by

-- so I made a quick "google" search it seems to mean: Sexy Lady/Chick or ("sexy/hot buttocks")

Also found: Definitions and Word Differences question: What is a hyna? A woman, usually Mexican, hyna is a slang term often used by cholos.

Also a site called (hynaluv.com) "Certified Hynas" -- interesting ....

"hyna" or "hayna" there is song called "La Hyna de Mis Sueños".

• jaja, i've been to the hynaluv.com quite nice. lol - DJ_Huero Jan 8, 2010 flag

Hi DJ

You might be having trouble finding any information on the word because you seem to be spelling it the way an English-speaker would spell the word. Try looking up the term "jaina" along with the word "jerga" and you should be able to find something.

From how I have heard the word, this definition posted on a wordreference thread comes the closest to explaining how the word might be used:

La jaina: La chica con la que uno está relacionado sexual, afectiva o circunstacialmente. Si fuese algo un poco más normal sería una novia.

• that's how all my compas write it...pero, alot of them aren't very good at spelling tampoco. =) - DJ_Huero Jan 8, 2010 flag
  • by the way, thank you for you research. =) - DJ_Huero Jan 8, 2010 flag

Well DJ, up here we use 'hinie' a lot and I'm not sure of the spelling since it's a colloquial term and likely not in any formal dictionary. It generally means posterior, butt, rear end, etc. You get my drift.

• Oooh, no, I know that word lol. That's not it, but thank you for posting. It looks like I got most people are stumped. Hopefully there's a Mexicano on here. - DJ_Huero Jan 8, 2010 flag
  • I actually know a song... "I see yo hinie, so white and shiny..." but it's kinda weird something I heard a long time ago, and I think it's supposed to be offensive. jaja - DJ_Huero Jan 8, 2010 flag
  • Well, does anyone know why they traded the term "Swine Flu" for "A:HINI"? - Moe Jan 8, 2010 flag
  • no...why? - DJ_Huero Jan 8, 2010 flag

Hot chick or babe.

Well I think it just means a hot girl or something because I was watching this video on YouTube and this guy named Superego made all of these videos and he always called the chicas on there Hynas....(His videos are all made by him and Sleepy Brown, they his videos are all comedies)

The song "Santeria" by Sublime uses the term: "Hyna" in the song & is referring to his girl. BUT FOUND It's being Spelled "H E I N A" on Lyrics. Use 2spell it "Hyna" b4 finding LYRICS.