"si claro que si" can't make sense of this often used phrase, and the translation in the traductor doesnt help make sense of it either. | SpanishDict Answers

I talk to colombians often,but they do not speak English. But I need to use the translator some of the time also for help. But when I ask them a question, they will sometimes answer to me with "si claro que si". I even ask them what it means or tell them i do not understand, but they never answer and tell me what they are trying to say. The Translator literally translates the words, but it is obvious that the translators make spaghetti out of many sentences or phrases. Just like this one. What could they be really saying?

Yes, of course.

Check out this link, loveandpasion, to the word claro here in SpanishDict. Down at the bottom is the expression "claro que sí". The example you asked about just adds an extra "Sí" (Yes) at the beginning. So, like dandi said, it's "Yes, of course!"

I hope that helps! smile

First off I think you are missing some punctuation.

Sí, claro que sí.

The first "sí" is an added positive emphasis, ie "yes", on "claro que sí" which means as already stated,

of course,

or absolutely

or surely

or by all means.

Don't try to make sense of it. It's a phrase, so take it that way.

"Claro que sí" is just a strengthened way to say "claro".

It's a lot like like the phrase "eso sí que no" which simply means "no".

You can drive yourself crazy with these phrases if you try to take them apart and figure out each piece.