what does donde esta mean ?

Well, we have a choice to answer or not. So what is the big deal if someone does not want to do their homework, Why judge people? - Gus

The difference is one of moral compass. If one is convinced that the system is corrupt/wrong, it is possible/reasonable to say (in effect) I will be happy to help you cheat/lie in order to circumvent the (official) rules. Some people/parents, however, actually believe that (whether or not a child wants to/enjoys) all subjects, their study is important (perhaps, with the hope that interest/enjoyment may come later).

The alternative (for parents) is fraught with peril. When the fundamental message to the child is "Sure, I'll help you to 'game' the system. Lying and cheating are acceptable (sometimes)" things are much more confused. Do you want to say "Cheat/lie when/as I do."? or, perhaps, "Cheat/lie when you feel like it and I may/may not back you up (depending on my mood)."

The reports that I've seen suggest that what children most need is a consistent set of guidelines/rules for their behavior. One can, of course, be consistent by simply saying "Don't get caught. Rob, cheat, murder but don't get caught!" No doubt there are those for whom this is the guiding principle but are these the people whom you wish to aid/abet in their efforts?

Hola princesa,

You mean donde está . If you leave off the accent mark you've spelled a completely different word.

And donde está means "Where is he?" or "where is she?" or "where are you?"

Welcome to our forum. smile

• Or where is it. Gus is right also. You're missing the context to say for sure. - Goyo Dec 19, 2009 flag

Where is it? Where are you? It all depends on the rest of the thought.

Deleted-so as not to offend Gus. smile

• She is using a translator -a human one which is better than an apparatus with out logic. - 00769608 Dec 19, 2009 flag
  • Good point, but a lot of people will ask for translations in this forum without doing their own homework. I'm just encouraging the use of available resources. Did not mean to offend. - gadjetman Dec 19, 2009 flag
  • Well, we have a choice to answer or not. So what is the big deal if someone does not want to do their homework, Why judge people? - 00769608 Dec 19, 2009 flag
  • very funny - 00769608 Dec 19, 2009 flag

It is donde está, and it means "Where is he?" or "Where is she?" or "Where are you?"

Hope I helped