I want to impress my spanish teacher by telling him a joke in spanish and his favorite type of joke is a knock-knock joke. cheese but i need one!!!

They may not exist...but you could make one. When I say make, I mean to english to spanish sort of thing, I'm sure the teacher would probably still appreciate the idea.

Golpear - to strike (i've heard it used as "to knock" like knock on the door)

SO, I'm sure you could say something like, "Golpea, golpea...." I mean, it kind of sounds funny, but hey it's a joke, it should be funny right?

I know one but it's kind of dirty. I'll post it if no one is offended.

• I don't think I would tell a dirty joke to my teacher.... - edgedonkey Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • Really? I would. As long it's in good humor there's certainly nothing wrong with a dirty joke. My mother always told me that cursing was a perfectly acceptable method of communication as long as your intent is not harmful. - jeezzle Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • Yea, my mom and even one of my teachers did the same, that's when you know you're a person, not a child to them. I want to hear it even if noone else does. - DJ_Huero Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • I'm sure it's quite funny and only slightly off color. =) - DJ_Huero Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • I am not saying I wouldn't like to hear it, I just wouldn't tell it to my teacher - edgedonkey Dec 16, 2009 flag

unfortunatelly knock knock jokes as you now them in English do not exist in Spanish

Really? I would. As long it's in good humor there's certainly nothing wrong with a dirty joke. My mother always told me that cursing was a perfectly acceptable method of communication as long as your intent is not harmful. - jeezzle

Unless you are fairly new to this site, you should have noticed that a fair portion of the membership is made up of (what would, in the U.S. be called "fundamentalist/conservative Christians"){. In fact, "Protestants" would be a more appropriate term (especially because, based on another thread, most of them are ignorant of the distinction between the Catholic and Protestant sects).

The question of "intent" (that may have been a consideration for your mother) is, for some, irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the specific expression that you employ. Consider the biblical statement that "Evil is in the eye of the beholder". One possible interpretation would be "There is nothing that is inherently evil but that thinking makes it so." (the responsibility for thinking it evil lies with the person who thinks it evil, facts, themselves, are neutral). Another interpretation would be that anything is/can be evil if you/someone thinks it to be evil (i.e. something/something is evil because someone thinks that it/he is evil).

• I agree with your statement but I consider it my personal mission to loosen people up. My roommate is a fundie and it drives me nuts. Nevertheless as Heidita has said not to post the joke, I will comply and follow the rules. - jeezzle Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • Jeezzle, that's why God created the PM. Let's hear it. - Yeser007 Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • -_o whaaa? this was all irrelevant my friend.... - DJ_Huero Dec 17, 2009 flag