How is Nosotros and Nosotras suppose to be used in a sentence? | SpanishDict Answers

I would like to know how Nosotros and Nosotras should be used in a sentence. What are the rules for them to be used in a sentence?

Hi Goals. Here's a link to the Personal Pronouns lesson in the Reference section.

This is what it says there:

Nosotros, nosotras (we)

• Use nosotros/as when speaking about a group of which you are a part.

• The only difference between nosotros and nosotras is in gender.

• Nosotros is masculine and is used to refer to a group of men only or a group mixed of men and women. (Even if there are 99 women and 1 man, still use the masculine form.)

• Nosotras is feminine and is only used when the entire group is female.

• Nice comment. I just edited formatting, for some reason the text was spilling into the boxes on the side. - chaparrito Dec 16, 2009 flag
  • Thanks for the great explanation and the link! I was confused, now I'm not! At least for the moment... lol. - FrankieBlue Apr 12, 2010 flag
  • The "for some reason" was that the indent was over 4 spaces. - 0074b507 Nov 14, 2011 flag

Very simple "a nosotros los hombres nos gusta el deporte" y "a nosotras las mujeres nos gusta comprar muchos zapatos" note how the gender fits

• You mean how the stereotype fits? - 0074b507 Nov 14, 2011 flag

If you are a man, you are likely to never hear nosotras or nuestras, since you would be in the room and, by rule, the masculine form must be used. I've been speaking Spanish for 30 years now, married to a Colombiana. Having been in many social settings where only Spanish was being spoken, I have yet to hear nosotras or nuestras used.

Nosotros (m) and nosotras (f) can mean

we or us