Desayunar / Almorzar / Cenar / Comer | SpanishDict Answers

I am not confident that I am using these terms correctly.

"Como huevos fritos para desayuno"

"Desayuno en huevos fritos."

Do these basically mean "I eat eggs for breakfast"?

Are the "para" and "en" correct?

Do I need an article "Los huevos"?

THANKS!

First things first as to the article Los or El, plural or singular it all depends in the context of the sentence.

Como los huevos. = I eat the eggs

Como huevos = I eat eggs -- could be used as an affirmative statement or as an answer to ¿Comes huevos? or ¿Come usted huevos?.

As to the article Los or El, plural or singular it all depends in the context of the sentence. Como los huevos. = I eat the eggs On the other hand Como huevos = I eat eggs -- could be used as an affirmative statement or as an answer to ¿Comes huevos? or ¿Come Usted Huevos?. Without articles

As to “Como huevos fritos para desayuno” is aceptable although you should have an article before the word desayuno. “Como huevos fritos en el desayuno” or “Para el desayuno como huevos” or “Como huevos para desayunar”.

Desayuno en huevos fritos” is not correct you are basically saying “Desayuno con huevos fritos” in other words you are saying “in” instead of “with”.

I would say:

• Como huevos fritos en el desayuno or
  • Desayuno huevos fritos

grin

Huevos has an amusing double meaning there.

And for that Volpon means "testículos", and that occurs in all México not just Sonora; but only vulgar people use the word in that way.

Normalmente desayuno con huevos fritos y un té would be saying: Usually I have fried eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast.

I found some examples of almorzar:

los viernes almuerzan pescado -- on Fridays they have fish for lunch

desayuno, pero almuerzo algo a las once -- I eat breakfast, but I have a snack at 11

And I think, that you'll find this very useful.

• Yes, very helpful. Thank you. - LaBurra Dec 16, 2009 flag

Actually, in Sonora, I'd use blanquillos rather than huevos.

Forgive me, I am still confused. When and how would you use desayunar / almorzar / cenar as a verb, or would you ever?