Una amiga estaba tomando un examen para la universidad. Ella vio la palabra "Iodo". Sabemos que iodo es "iodine" en inglés, pero no sabemos qué significa con la letra I mayúscula. ¿Es el nombre de una obra literaria o un personaje?

Gracias por su ayuda.

'Iodo' is Spanish for 'Iodine', as has been stated. I suppose it would make sense to use a capital "I" to distinguish the atomic element from an ointment or tincture that may contain iodine.

Check out this reference: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yodo

I hope that helps. smile (p.s. the font change is to distinguish the "I" from the "l". wink

• I hate capital I in this font...can't tell if it little l or capital I. - webdunce Dec 2, 2009 flag
  • Good post. - webdunce Dec 2, 2009 flag

It means "mud."

It means "mud."

That is "Lodo". The answer is about Iodo (with capital i). As far as I know It has only the meaning you stated in your question.

Possibly a reference to the character Yodo in the Star Wars series. (I don't know how the name is usually spelled in Spanish ["i" or "y" would work for the pronunciation).

Creo que necesitamos más contexto para adivinarla.