Mi abuelo acaba de morir. | SpanishDict Answers

He called for my grandma and she went in and held his hand. My aunt was with him and noticed that he was no longer breathing. They say he went peaceful. I only wish I could go home, but I can't. :(

¡Hola!, Seitheach:

I'm reminded that you foreshadowed your grandfathers death in your replies to Zenejero on the occasion of her aunt's passing. The soft side of a soldier. How easy it is for us to forget that you, like the rest of us, are still only a guy. A guy with a family and a nucleus of love, belonging and affection.

Recently, I think many members of SpanishDict have drawn closer together as a community of mutual supporters. Your loss will touch many of our feelings and sensations in unique ways.

If we coiuld be with you physically, I believe there would be a closing of ranks around you and your brother. Right now.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Find a contemplative place in the noise and commotion of your surroundings and reminisce on your grandfathers life. Have a quiet day.

Warmest personal regards,

Moe

• It was good of you to remember that my brother is also here in Iraq. Thank you. - Seitheach Nov 15, 2009 flag
  • very thoughtful Moe. - 00494d19 Nov 16, 2009 flag

Hola Phil: Acabo de conectar y veo esta triste noticia.ohh

Desde España también mi más sentido pésame y espero que tu abuela no lo pase muy mal. Tu abuelo ha tenido suerte de tener una familia tan dedicada y de poder morir en su casa rodeado de los suyos. Esto sería una de las razones por irse en paz.

Un abrazo para toda la familia.

• Gracias. These were very nice words. - Seitheach Nov 15, 2009 flag

Ah, Seitheach, lamento lo de tu abuelo.

It's very difficult to be so far away. Now is a time when a soldier's war becomes all the much harder. I hope that you can find some comfort in the fact that my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. I appreciate the sacrifices you are making...many blessings, my friend!

Aloshek

• GRacias. You almost made me cry. - Seitheach Nov 15, 2009 flag
  • I just wish I could do something more. - aloshek Nov 15, 2009 flag

That's sad. Both my grandparents are dead. I wish I had spent more time with them. It sucks when you don't realize how precious time is until there isn't any time left. I only hope there is a place where I can meet them again. I would sit and listen to her poetry. I would sit and listen and eat her spaghetti and enjoy it.

• Luckily I was able to spend a lot of time with him. I also saw him the day before I left from my leave. - Seitheach Nov 15, 2009 flag

My tears any prayers are with you. I know that nothing I say will heal your pain, losing a loved one is never easy, but knowing that she was not alone and went peacefully is always something to be thankful for. To go hand-in-hand with your loved one...okay, I have to stop now.

I am thinking of you during this time.

Much love from my family to yours...

There are never words to say that can begin to express an understanding of another's loss.It is all so individual and personal.I only know I wish you were around your loved ones more and I hope that can be your reality soon.Take care of yourself.

Our lives are not meant to come out even; they only overlap...Such poignant words...such true words.

I am very sorry for your loss and your distance from home.

Our prayers surround you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Phil. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Díos te bendiga, Seitheach, ye tu familia. Lo siento para tu pérdida, amigo. Que Dios le conceda descanso de su alma.

Pero no queremos, hermanos, que ignoréis acerca de los que duermen, para que no os entristezcáis como lo hacen los demás que no tienen esperanza.

Porque si creemos que Jesús murió y resucitó, así también Dios traerá con El a los que durmieron en Jesús.

Por lo cual os decimos esto por la palabra del Señor: que nosotros los que estemos vivos y que permanezcamos hasta la venida del Señor, no precederemos a los que durmieron.

Pues el Señor mismo descenderá del cielo con voz de mando, con voz de arcángel y con la trompeta de Dios, y los muertos en Cristo se levantarán primero.

Entonces nosotros, los que estemos vivos y que permanezcamos, seremos arrebatados juntamente con ellos en las nubes al encuentro del Señor en el aire, y así estaremos con el Señor siempre.

Por tanto, confortaos unos a otros con estas palabras.

• Thanks. The song Graverobber by Petra was taken from that. - Seitheach Nov 15, 2009 flag
  • Right on, Goyo...acertaste en el Senor. - mountaingirl Nov 15, 2009 flag

I'm so sorry seith. My most deepest condolences.

Lo siento. I lost my grandmother this year. Even though the end is expected, it is no less difficult.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lo siento. Pero alegremonos porque la vida continua para nosotros y para él. Y un día estaremos todos reunidos nuevamente.

I'm sorry for your loss Seitheach. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

That's why I think that being able to get attatched is one of the best and worst characteristics of a human being. Maybe as the years go by we gradually somewhat get used to others' passing away? I tried to separate love from attachment but I failed.

Thank you all for your responses.