Quisiera versus Me gustaria | SpanishDict Answers

Is there any difference between using quisiera versus me gustaria when you say "I would like"? If yes, what is the difference? Thanks.

me gustaria is would like in the sense that you are expressing how something pleases you - me gustaria mucho ir al cine contigo

quisiera is used as would like in the sense that you are making a polite request for something - senorita, quisiera cafe con leche

also quisiera is used to express "i wish" in english - quisiera viajar a italia este a~no.

There are two ways to say I would like: Quisiera, and Me gustaria- I would like vegetable soup please- Quisiera una sopa de legumbres por favor. or Me gustaria una sopa de legumbres por favor.

Me gusta means literally : It pleases me but Me gustaria would be more I would like.

Both Quisera and Me gustaria are the polite way of asking for something.

Quisiera is I would want. Querer

Gustaría is I would like. Gustar

• Makes sense...muchas gracias! - Joell Nov 14, 2009 flag

I believe "me gustaria" is more like "it please me" or "it would make me happy to".