how do you say is in spanish | SpanishDict Answers

what is the word is in spanish?

Yo is the personal pronoun for "I". For "is" you need the proper conjugate of either Ser or Estar. There's a great lesson on it here Ser and Estar

• Yes your reply is simular to mine Jacob we were posting at the same time - kenwilliams Nov 12, 2009 flag

u say is in spanish is [yo]

It is a case of what it is, we need some context it is the old question of ser v estar it could be es as in the verb ser or it could be está as in the verb estar. Put it in a sentance and someone will get back to you.

Well, it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is... (Ha! Sorry - I couldn't resist!)

Here is a little song that might help you remember a couple of the main uses of "estar" (sing it to the tune of "Twinkle Little Star"smile

Twinkle, twinkle,

little "estar"

how you feel and

where you are.

Generally speaking, forms of "estar" are used with health, mood and location. In the cases of health or mood, "estar" can be translated as "to feel" Therefore: "Estoy bien" - I am fine/I feel fine/I am feeling fine. "¿Cómo estás?" - How are you?/How do you feel?/ How are you feeling?

A lot of courses teach "permanent" is used for forms of "ser" and "temporary" is used for forms of "estar". Professionally speaking, that may not be the best way to approach it. For example: "Madrid está en España" (use "estar" because of location) - a student might say that since Madrid is permanently in Spain that you shouldn't use "estar". Confusing! For that reason I NEVER used "permanent" or "temporary" with my students.

Use forms of "ser" to indicate just the way things are. Example: Ella es profesora" - She is a teacher (that's just what she is.). "Nosotros somos morenos." - We are dark (that's just what we look like.) Forms of "ser" are also used with time and dates, and origin or source.

This is the summary in a nutshell.

I hope that it has been helpful.

Es or esta. He is angry: El esta enojado. The answer is B: La respuesta es B.

Madrid está en españa says Madrid is in spain so it is estar for position but Madrid es la capital cuidad de españa and here we use ser as it is a fact and it proceeds a noun city.