How do you say "Have a good weekend" in Spanish | SpanishDict Answers
  1. List item

If you are talking to a friend, you should say, "Ten un buen fin de semana."

If you are talking to an adult, you should say, "Tenga un buen fin de semana."

Personally, for me, if I am talking to one of my teachers and want to impress them, I use the subjunctive because all of my teachers were taught that a person truly has a deep understanding and ability to speak Spanish if they can use the subjunctive. So, I would say, "Espero que usted tenga un buen fin de semana." or "Espero que tenga un buen fin de semana." (which means "I hope that you have a good weekend." - the only difference between these two frases is that one speciifically states who you are talking to (usted) and the other is open (so it could also mean "I hope I have a good weekend" - tenga is the subjunctive form for both the forms of "yo" and the form of "él/ella/usted")).

I hope this helps. ¡Buena Suerte! (Good Luck!) =)

• Puedes decir,también: "Espero que tengas un buen fin de semana" ( to a friend) - FELIZ77 May 28, 2010 flag

Hi and welcome to the forum. grin

Have a good weekend = que tengas un buen fin de semana

• Or: que tengas un "buen finde" as I discovered by using SpanishDict! - 00515f39 Nov 12, 2009 flag
  • yes! - --Mariana-- Nov 12, 2009 flag
  • So you can say Tengas un buen finde? without the semana? Seriously? - jeezzle Nov 12, 2009 flag
  • I think "finde" is very regional... - mountaingirl Nov 12, 2009 flag
  • Mountain girl I think you are right I have never ever heard 'finde' used and could not find it in my massive Spanish Oxford dictionary even under the Spanish section lol hahaha - FELIZ77 May 28, 2010 flag

tener to bueno el fin de semanda

que tengas buen fin de semana to a friend or for more formal say que tenga buen fin de semana, you do not need the "un" in there but it can be used.