0

umm translation

4

What does "no me digas" mean?

Nifty Translate Feature

"Don't tell me"

comments - my spanish teacher said it means, "you don't say?" - laurabeth12 11 hrs ago

your Spanish teacher is right! - mountaingirl 11 hrs ago

Okay, you are both right.

It can mean "you don't say?", and also "don't tell me". Alone no me digas means you don't say. If used in a sentence such as, no me digas eso, it means don't tell me that.

2

It means "You don't say?" as in ....really....is that true.....

• Nov 4, 2009
  • Also some say, "no mames".... You don't say... - NikkiLR Nov 4, 2009
  • lol - --Mariana-- Nov 4, 2009
  • I know, weird, huh? :) - NikkiLR Nov 5, 2009
2

Yes, it's an expression that means "don't tell me" but it could also be used as "You don't say?" When somebody tells you something you didn't know or surprises you. smile Hope this helps.

• Nov 8, 2009
1

what is "no me digas" mean???

What does "no me digas" mean?

Nifty Translate Feature

"Don't tell me"

• Nov 4, 2009
  • my spanish teacher said it means, "you don't say?" - laurabeth12 Nov 4, 2009
  • your Spanish teacher is right! - mountaingirl Nov 4, 2009
1

I believe I have also seen it used for "don´t tell me" ... such as "Don´t tell me, let me guess."

• Nov 5, 2009
0

What does 'digas' mean? I thought it was a congugation of the verb 'decir' but then that would be "dices" in the tu (accent) form.

• Feb 5, 2010
  • It is the subjunctive form, You use this in negative commands. Whoooole other ballgame lol - Ashlita Feb 5, 2010
  • Digas is the subjunctive or negative command form of decir, in the tú form. - CalvoViejo Feb 5, 2010
0

It's like shut UP! Yes it means don't tell me literally but we don't always speak literally now do we? Do we really mean something literally sucks when we say something sucks? No!

"I ate a whole cake" "¡No me digas!" (shut UP! No way!)

And as for saying no mames, it's more like don't BS me, and be careful using that! It can be vulgar, and I've only heard Guatemalans and Mexicans using it. I din't hear it once in Costa Rica.

0

exactly nothing is usually we use to say "tell me more" but ironically follow me telling nosy

• Feb 6, 2010