¿Cómo se llama en español la cosita encima de la lata de refresco que se usa para abrir la lata? | SpanishDict Answers

¿Cómo se llama en español la cosita encima de la lata de refresco que se usa para abrir la lata?

Wordrefernce.com says "abrelatas" means can opener as well as "pop top". That answer was posted by a native speaker from Mexico. From the posts on that thread, I am confident that this is what you are looking for. At least, that's apparently how it is said in Mexico!

el abridor

Are you referring to the "tapón de rosca"? (the twist-off cap)

• No...not a cap, the little metal thing you pull up on to open a can. Not a can opener, either. - eblue Nov 4, 2009 flag
  • No, he is talking about that little opener on top of a soda can. - 0068e2f4 Nov 4, 2009 flag

I'm not even sure what it is called in English. confused Tab?

Would it be 'la ficha de metal'?

I used Google translator for the Wiki page How to Drink a Soda tongue rolleye

Never had the need to name those things so I wasn't sure about the Spanish name for those little metal 'rings' raspberry, but I looked it up:

"Anillas de lata" or "anillas de lata de refresco, gaseosa, cerveza, etc." if you want to be more specific smile

Now, what do you call them in English?

• I think they're called "pop tops". Why "anillas" and not "anillos"? Gracias - mountaingirl Nov 4, 2009 flag
  • Um, I would like to know that myself too, actually. Prior to this I didn't even know those 'pop tops' HAD a name in Spanish :P - InésDelRío Nov 5, 2009 flag
  • If there are bottleing companies in spanish speaking countries they must have a name for it. - 0068e2f4 Nov 5, 2009 flag

Sí hombre....eso lo sabe todo el mundo...

Se llama "chisme" raspberry

Hi eblue, just kidding, meaning I haven't got a clue.

welcome to this friendly sitesmile