How do you say "to look" in spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

How do you say "to look" in spanish?

• I couldn't bold print the changes so I simply changed the h in How and added the quotes and the phrase "in spanish" with the question mark. :) - Jason7R Nov 2, 2009 flag

Here we go again. Due to lack of content in the question it can be,

Mirar, Buscar, Parecer, Cuidar, Vigilar, Considerar, Examinar, etc, etc, etc.

You can use the dictionary function to find this out. Please post a possible answer and then let us help you. It is mandatory to use correct capitalization and punctuation in this forum. Good luck! smile

It is "Buscar".

Oh, beaten by Jázmin!

Jazmin, it depends on the context. There are other words for the infinitive "to look". The verb you gave is more used in "to seek" or "to look for". Just a thought. smile

Eddy, That was the exact point of my post. Sometimes if others would give a little (or a lot) more context as well as give a shot at an answer, their learning would definitely increase a hundred fold. smile

Hi Jason

I realised that, however, as others had already decided to answer I chose to highlight the content point a liitle more forcefully. Hence my happy smiley.

• Absolutely, I hope you know that I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. :) I like your style!! - Jason7R Nov 2, 2009 flag

Buscar is to find, like searching on the internet.

Hi abijay

You are quoting with limited context and your example is more like seeking, not finding. Buscar can mean "to look for"

Examples:

Estoy buscando piso - I am looking for a flat

ÉL busca secretaria - he´s looking for a secretary

I no this sounds stupid, but if you look for the verb on here (spanishdict) it usually shos you what verb it is you need, then look for the verb on this website http://users.ipfw.edu/jehle/VERBLIST.HTm it shows you how to conjugate it in every way possible.

Hope this helps..

Mirar

No offense but you people are answering this stupidly.

what are these?

1) look at... ie:(look at your facebook) is it mirar? 2) look for ... ie:( look for a car) is it buscar? 3) you look... ie:(you look good) is it ???

Meaning of vista?

superskrull said

How can you start a sentence with "no offense" and then proceed to "offend" everyone who has answered. With all due respect, please try harder NOT to offend anyone in future and my advice was far from stupid.