¿Cómo se dice "un parte aguas" en inglés? | SpanishDict Answers

when I read a book, I read sentences "Despues llegó el Rx-8, que desde su lanzamiento fue un parte aguas en la historia"

could you translate this sentences for me? I am confused ...

• daee, correct spelling is mandatory on this forum - 00494d19 Oct 31, 2009 flag
  • The letter "I" is capitalised. Please type it this way in future. - Eddy Oct 31, 2009 flag

I would have to go with "watershed", as in:

1. an important point of division or transition between two phases, conditions, etc.

Later arrived the Rx-8, that since it's launch it was a watershed in the history ..

I could be very wrong though...

Interesting, you could use "parting of the waters" like samdie said too to make it fit:

Later arrived the Rx-8, that since it's launch it was a parting of the waters in the history ..

I wonder if moses parting the sea is where the term watershed came from? Since parting the sea could be considered an important point of division or transition....

link

Looks like it means a turning point, when everything changed.

Es una palabra que usamos cuando queremos dar a enteder que un suceso o algo, han hecho historia y que apartir de ese momento, las cosas van a cambiar.

Turning point, good translation, lorenzwink

"A parting of the waters" (cf. Moses and the Red Sea, perhaps)

The google Spanish translator translates "parte aguas" as "watershed."

I think the correct word is 'parteaguas'; One word, not two. (But if it was in a book as two words... hmmm)

Regarding the definition, I agree with lorenzo9. Additionally, after reading the thread in his link it appears to me that 'parteaguas' may be a regional word.

Creo que el término equivalente sería Break ground

@ Marrrco

Something can be "groundbreaking = "innovative", "pioneering", meaning a "breakthrough" has been made, a "turning point" reached.

Is that what you mean?

Here's a comprehensive series of in-context examples for the interchangeable

parteaguas and un parte aguasparteaguas