0

when I read a book, I read sentences "Despues llegó el Rx-8, que desde su lanzamiento fue un parte aguas en la historia"

could you translate this sentences for me? I am confused ...

• | Edited by Eddy Oct 31, 2009
  • | history
  • daee, correct spelling is mandatory on this forum - 00494d19 Oct 31, 2009
  • The letter "I" is capitalised. Please type it this way in future. - Eddy Oct 31, 2009

1

I would have to go with "watershed", as in:

1. an important point of division or transition between two phases, conditions, etc.

Later arrived the Rx-8, that since it's launch it was a watershed in the history ..

I could be very wrong though...

Interesting, you could use "parting of the waters" like samdie said too to make it fit:

Later arrived the Rx-8, that since it's launch it was a parting of the waters in the history ..

I wonder if moses parting the sea is where the term watershed came from? Since parting the sea could be considered an important point of division or transition....

1

link

Looks like it means a turning point, when everything changed.

• Oct 31, 2009
1

Es una palabra que usamos cuando queremos dar a enteder que un suceso o algo, han hecho historia y que apartir de ese momento, las cosas van a cambiar.

Turning point, good translation, lorenzwink

• Oct 31, 2009
0

"A parting of the waters" (cf. Moses and the Red Sea, perhaps)

• Oct 31, 2009
0

The google Spanish translator translates "parte aguas" as "watershed."

• Oct 31, 2009
0

I think the correct word is 'parteaguas'; One word, not two. (But if it was in a book as two words... hmmm)

Regarding the definition, I agree with lorenzo9. Additionally, after reading the thread in his link it appears to me that 'parteaguas' may be a regional word.

0

Creo que el término equivalente sería Break ground

• Sep 1, 2013
0

@ Marrrco

Something can be "groundbreaking = "innovative", "pioneering", meaning a "breakthrough" has been made, a "turning point" reached.

Is that what you mean?

Here's a comprehensive series of in-context examples for the interchangeable

parteaguas and un parte aguasparteaguas

• Sep 1, 2013