My question is: How would you say "Hey baby what up?" Kinda like "Hey baby what are you doing?"

• Leeanna - One would say "What´s up" - ian-hill Oct 28, 2009 flag
  • She was using urban street slang. - Goyo Oct 29, 2009 flag

Que onda mamacita? Que estas haciendo?

Hi Leeanne, welcome to our forum.

Rule Number one here is as follows:

1. Look for an answer first Search our dictionary and look through the definitions, examples, and idioms. Scroll down for a list of Questions already addressing that word in the Answers Forum, or use the Answers Forum's search box.

You can enter your phrase in our Translation Tool, or look up words in our excellent Dictionary.

We also have a nice Verb Conjugation Tool.

So please give our resources a try first, then we will be here to help you.

Thanks!

• I don't think that's in there, although that's good recommendation. If so, can you reference the link? I'd like to see it. - DJ_Huero Oct 29, 2009 flag
  • Sr. Goyo: I admire your expertise and alertness. But, frankly, I think it's OK and maybe even desirable for contributers to post freely. That is, without being overly concerned with the site's rules. Such creates a more lively and interesting dialog. - 005457e3 Oct 29, 2009 flag

Blockquote

Que paso vato.

• I originally edited out vato because it can be a very offensive. But in some contexts it may not be. Just be aware of that when using this word. - Goyo Oct 28, 2009 flag
  • ¿Qué pasa, vato? - samdie Oct 29, 2009 flag

Que onda papacito? QUe onda mija. Que onda mijo. Que onda chula. There are many other ways to say this.

Que onda vato would be more like "Whats up homie."

In Spain:

¿Qué tal , guapa?

From the Puerto Rican side:

¿Qué pasa pai (or mai)? - "What's up dude/girl?"

¿Qué es la qué estapajando?, ¿Qué es la qué hay?, ¿Qué es la qué?, or ¿Claque? - all of these mean "What's up?"

Mira locón/locona - "What's up, crazy!"

These (and more) can also be found in my Puerto Rican Dictionary that's been reposted by popular demand by Heidita, see below.

Click Here