....nos ayuda con los cambios. | SpanishDict Answers

If a sentence said, "La dependienta trabaja en la tienda y nos ayuda con los cambios," what does "los cambios" mean here?

Los cambios means the changes exchanges would be intercambiar, los cambios could be referring to currency exchanges.

I believe that your sentence would translate as, "The salesperson works in the store and helps us with the exchange."

Exchange would most likely mean the exchange between the customer and the salesperson.

HI Thai, it is a strange sentence. I would guess it is what Ken suggests, she helps us with the change (money) but the sentence in itself is rather weird.

It could also just mean "the changes" if the store had just been remodeled or if store policy changes had been enacted, personnel had been shuffled, etc. We really need more context.

This is quite humorous - I thought it meant with the changing of our clothes as we went into the dressing rooms to try on new outfits! My thinking was that "cambio" would be monetary change (like "suelto") and "cambios" would be the changing of clothing while trying on. Isn't Spanish great? I just love this language!