How do you show possession in spanish in four different ways? | SpanishDict Answers

I am taking Spanish two in homeschool and I need help expressing possession in four different ways in Spanish.

• Please use the correct spelling and capitalization in your posts. - Issabela Oct 26, 2009 flag

That helps a little, except it has to be four different poossessions for each one of the problems I posted. I'm sorry for not punctuating the first two posts properly. I don't normally write correctly unless it's for my English school work. Thank you for telling me to punctuate everything correctly.

• Thanks for understanding, Bumblebee. It's just that this is a learning site and we have to keep everything looking good for our English learners. - --Mariana-- Oct 26, 2009 flag
  • I understand I just didn't think about that before. - bumblebee Oct 26, 2009 flag

Maybe you mean this:

Mi casa es grande. (possessive adjective - short form)

Las reservaciones vuestras son a las ocho. (possessive adjective - long form)

Es la silla de él. (possession without a possessive adjective)

Tu coche es mejor que el mío. (possessive pronoun)

Can you give us your attempt at the answer first, and then maybe we can help you?

I'm having to retake the test for this section of Spanish 2 and the homeschool academy said I could get help from somebody or the Internet. I've been online all day looking for help and still can't find anything.

• I'll ask again: please, use the correct spelling and capitalization in your posts. - Issabela Oct 26, 2009 flag
  • Bumblebee, you can't ignore proper capitalization and punctuation on this site. - --Mariana-- Oct 26, 2009 flag

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. Do you know what they are in English? Is it like his, hers, mine, ours?

The expressions I have to show are for my jacket, Pablo's shirt, our car, and your suits.

my jacket, Pablo's shirt, our car, and your suits.

Each one of these words can be looked up in the dictionary. We can't help with homework unless you've given it a try first.

Look them up and post your answers here. We'll take a look and help you with any corrections.

grin

already answered

Here´s one for starters.

La camisa pertenece a Pablo.

The only thing it keeps pulling up is "mi chaqueta". Believe me I wouldn't be asking for help if I hadn't already tried. I've taken the test once and failed.

Here would be four different ways

to say that my parents house is blue:

1). La casa de mis padres es azul - My parent's house is blue

2). La casa suya es azul - Their house is blue

3). Su casa es azul. Their house is blue

4). La suya es azul. Theirs is blue

Bumblebee said:

The only thing it keeps pulling up is "mi chaqueta".

You're right. That's a correct translation for "my jacket."

Thank ya'll for the help. I think I've got it now.

• Yippeee! Post your answers if you need us to proofread them. :-) - --Mariana-- Oct 26, 2009 flag

Since it calls for four tranlations would "la chaqueta de mi", "la chaqueta mia", and "la mia" be right for the other three?

• Are you sure each one needs four translations? I thought you needed to show the four ways with your four sentences? - --Mariana-- Oct 26, 2009 flag
  • You have one way already with "mi chaqueta" Now you can show the other three ways with Pablo's shirt, our car, and your suits. I don't think you need four ways for each one. - --Mariana-- Oct 26, 2009 flag

Bumblebee - try reading this :-

Possessive Pronouns

• Whoo-ooh!!!!! I managed to post a link!!!! - sheila-foste Oct 26, 2009 flag
  • whoo-hoo! There's no stopping you now *smile* - Izanoni1 Oct 26, 2009 flag
  • Took me ages - the question had been answered long before I worked it out :) - sheila-foste Oct 26, 2009 flag