"Que es la definicion de cayó en rodillas" | SpanishDict Answers

I have Spanish homework. In class we are reading the book "Don Juan Tenorio por Jose Zorilla" and we have a vocabulary sheet for the book. One of the words is "cayo en rodillas" accent on the "o'" en cayo. Please help!!! Much appreciated!!

• Please note that it is mandatory on this forum to use correct spelling, grammar, and capitalization in your posts. - - 00494d19 Oct 23, 2009 flag
  • I apologize. I had no idea. - kanani142 Oct 25, 2009 flag

cayó en rodillas="He fell to his knees" (roughly)

cayó is the third person singular preterit of caer, which means "to fall" and rodillas is the plural form of "knee".

Very shortly, someone is going to lambaste me for giving you the answer; so, for future reference, when asking a homework question on this site, please include your best guess in the question.

• I'm not lambasting you - at this late hour the middle school student should probably be in bed, and the sooner she gets there, the better!!! - mountaingirl Oct 23, 2009 flag
  • the hour depends on where they are when they post. - 0074b507 Oct 23, 2009 flag

Thank you so much!! I looked it up and thats what the dictionary said but I wanted to make sure!!