Saw VI, calificada X en España. Ban "Saw VI" for violence? | SpanishDict Answers

Saw VI, calificada como película X en España

Enlace

MADRID (Reuters) - La sexta entrega de la saga Saw ha recibido la calificación de película X en España por su alto contenido violento, lo que limitará su proyección a las salas X del país, si no prospera un recurso de la distribuidor

In Spain the film Saw VI will only be shown in *special cinemas for adult movies only due to its content of violence.*

CAMPAIGNERS are urging councils to bar horror film Saw VI as concerns mount over its grisly content. The certificate 18 movie, which has shocking scenes of murder and torture, is set for release at Halloween.

However local authorities are able to block films and Tory MP Julian Brazier has urged them to ban Saw VI.

What do you think? Ban "Saw VI" ??

Jespa said:

Somehow we need to find a way of protecting weaker members of society and especially children without removing personal responsibility from adult members of society.

I, personally, don't care for violent movies; however, I don't think we should start censoring them from the adult public.

On the other hand, I often ask myself, how can a theater get permission to show this awful, gruesome, horrific film when nudity and sex on film is banned? This gives the message that it's okay for our society (especially our children) to view a realistic murder scene, but naked bodies are prohibited. How does that make sense?

• Estoy de acuerdo Marianne - Izanoni1 Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • It doesn't and I have never understood why 'sex and violence' are grouped together as if equally bad! - Jespa Oct 22, 2009 flag

Just another example of a government saying "We don't trust or citizens to make decisions on thier own." I think people are smart enough to know if they can handle watching a violent movie or not.

This seems like a very complex issue to me. Laws enforced by the government are born of the mores of society, as are philosphy ,ethics,religion and similar bodies of thought.

I am reading and agreeing with the idea of not wanting the government to make choices for me.

Then I think of what I do at work.I converse with people who do not have control of their actions because of psychotic thinking.Many have murdered in unimaginable ways. I hear how they incorporate the violent images in our media into their psychotic world and read the results in the newspaper.They live and move among us making the same choices about what to do in their life as we do but from an unimaginable perspective.

I also treat people that have pain with opioids, derivatives of the opium poppy which is the source of heroin.The next person on the schedule may be a heroin addict.And we all know there are intense governmental regulations and involvement around drug issues.

Personally I don't even want to watch the trailers for any of the Saw movies.I don't find that kind of evil entertaining especially since it exists in the world.

When I worked with the Navajo there was a strong cultural dictum not to verbalize negative concepts as that action may cause the negative to manifest. Similar to the idea of the power of positive thinking purported by Norman Vincent Peale to cite what may seem a more conservative, reserved source..When you start to consider the world more from the perspective of quantum rather than Newtonian physics these ideas rooted in empiricism start to make more of sense.

• nice post nizho - 00494d19 Oct 23, 2009 flag
  • I actually hate movies like this, all that blood and gore and stuff, not for me, I prefer some psicologial thrillers.... - 00494d19 Oct 23, 2009 flag
  • great perspective nizhoni - Izanoni1 Oct 23, 2009 flag

I love the gore, the more blood the better for me, and I am a peace loving hippie smile I don't see a problem with putting the movie in a special movie theater, however, there is a big problem with banning it. I also have a problem with banning any type of free speech, including the right to bare arms. We are a people that have grown up with our government telling us what is good and bad and right and wrong. When did the important role in society switch from the parent and the village to big brother?? I could go on for days, smile but I will stop!!

Peace, hehe!!

• Tell me I'm not a hippie, 'cause I completely agree with you. - Seitheach Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • You are my soldier-hippie amigo :) - sunshinzmomm Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • Oh, and did I mention that all of this is just free press for the media industry??? - sunshinzmomm Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • Yes, please stop. The right to bare arms is not a free speech issue, it's a second amendment issue. - jrey0474 Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • I was talking about the Bill of Rights in general....why do you feel as if you need to be rude to me? - sunshinzmomm Oct 22, 2009 flag

Logically, dispassionately, I feel people should be allowed to make up their own minds. They don't have to watch it; and there is an off switch on the TV if it ever got that far!

But, life is not that simple, is it? Three problems with that policy;

• You don't want your children to watch it.
  • You don't want to encourage people in uncivilised / antisocial ways.
  • You don't want to feed already warped minds.

Think of the drugs parallel. Just how much suffering and misery would have been saved if heroin had never existed? It's a big price to pay for so-called feedom. Does this film enrich peoples lives in any way? If not it would have been better not to have made it in the first place and then we wouldn't have had the problem!

But it has been made and I don't think banning it is going to work. Those determined to see it will see it. Somehow we need to find a way of protecting weaker members of society and especially children without removing personal responsibility from adult members of society. (Which is what the UK government seems to be hell-bent on doing, incidentally!).

Gosh, that was a serious answer - but it was a serious question...

Reglas del foro:

3). Keep your content clean and appropriate

Do not post offensive material (language, videos, usernames, pictures, etc.). Questions or Answers with offensive content will be deleted as this is a "family-oriented" forum and should be appropriate for all age levels. If you feel that for a correct translation you need to use "certain" words, avoid being explicit and use symbols (@#¢) to avoid spelling the entire word.

Response to a Question

Why ban movies like that? I love watching violent, gorey, grisley, demented and torture movies. I'm not evil or anything I just love horror movies.

Comments about this Response

Then you'd love some of the pictures I have from Iraq. smile

Is this really what is meant by "family oriented" and "appropriate for all age levels?"

I understand that the context of the question was in relation to a horror movie, but do you actually find it necessary or appropriate to talk about real life victims of war as though they were the same sort of spectacle, to be gawked at for personal pleasure and entertainment purposes?

Is that what this forum is about? Perhaps I am the only one who feels this way, but I think that (aside from all the political chatter), these comments are not only out of line but outrageous as well.

EDITED: reference to deleted text removed

Can we at least keep it civil guys?

• Couldn't agree more about the political commentary, and the Iraq pictures particularly. If you want to discuss controversial and extraneous political values in English, there are better venues. - jrey0474 Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • I agree. - --Mariana-- Oct 23, 2009 flag

No me importa que algún creen, me encanta la pelicula Saw. Es muuuuy inteligente. The story and plot are very intricate if you look into it. Now, yes, some of it is hard to take in, but it's a good movie. ¡Muerte a los aborrecedores!

• Ahhh, a breath of fresh air in this otherwise smog infested thread. :) - Seitheach Oct 23, 2009 flag

I think this will just hike up the public's curiosity about the movie. They can ban it but Spaniards will still find ways to watch it.

• yeah, I guess ...but not in normal cinemas...that would be a great loss for the company though...but they have protested and if it prospers, they had all this publicity for free - 00494d19 Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • you can't be more right.. close to what happened with michael jordan's shoes before.. the nba banned jordan1, & sales just skyrocketed. - Deanski Oct 22, 2009 flag

¿Cuáles fueron las calificaciónes de las películas "Saw" anteriores, en España? Tuvieron "alto contenido violento" también, no?

• Eso digo yo, ridiculo si me preguntas a mí - 00494d19 Oct 22, 2009 flag

• Then you'd love some of the pictures I have from Iraq. :) - Seitheach Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • I love the gore, the more blood the better for me, and I am a peace loving hippie :) - sunshinzmomm Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • Why the flag for Phil? - Nicole-B Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • I'm guessing it's because real death and carnage are being compared to movie violence. I'm sure Seitheach is familiar with the difference, and just had a lapse in judgment. - jrey0474 Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • Phil, that comment was not funny at all - 00494d19 Oct 23, 2009 flag

What do you think?

Que pienso yo: es ridiculo a ver peliculas como esas. Ya los vi Saw I, y Saw II y ya estoy aburrido con este tipo de película. Ambos no eran novedosos ni nuevas. Si has visto una, has visto todas y después de la primera ¿porque hacer más? Claro que sí es para ganar más dinero y no para divirtir toda la gente que pagan veinte dólares para ver una película rehecho con materiales usados antes.

Por otra parte, entiendo que lo dice Seithbeach:

Y si cualquiera persona quiere echar a perder una buena noche y echar dinero a la basura entonces debería poder verla.

Pues en realidad, creo que hay mejores maneras para pasar dos horas y es dudoso que sea un buen idea que los niños y los adolesentes la vean.

Pienso que voy a ahorrarme $20 y dos horas. Y en vez de eso, voy a estudiar español o pasar tiempo con mi familia.

• Then don't watch it. And don't let your children watch it. Do you think the government needs to make the decision for you? - Seitheach Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • Phil, didn't you see that Izanoni agreed with you?! - --Mariana-- Oct 23, 2009 flag

I agree with this, actually I have just commented on Phil's comment, not funny at all.

I thought this was a very simple topic, I wonder how war and religion got into this. confused

I have deleted the very rude and improper post by flopcat who has been advised to read the rules ,

If you like horror, you can find movies that are not so violent like Alfred Hitchock In the famous shower scene from Psycho you never see the knife hit the woman. I don't blame Spain for banning the movie.

I remember when the movie"A Clockwork Orange" came out many years ago, it was banned in Argentina for violent content. We had a military government at that time and they were not that flexible. We just traveled to Uruguay to watch it. If you ban a movie you jut make people more eager to watch it. If it's a violent and bad movie, nobody is going to watch it anyway. I personally have not watched any of the Saw movies. Just small parts were enough for me. I like horror movies, but the Saw movies are just morbid.