Ok, so I know how to say it just kidding in spanish. But I think this is probably one of the most popular questions I get all the time. "How do you do say, ' I'm just kidding in spanish.' '' Soooo, the way I say it is, "estoy jugando", which literally translated is I'm playing, but of course in context most understand it as i'm kidding. BUT, what I would like to know is, who knows other ways to say "I'm kidding" in spanish. I think this will be an interesting thread with some cool responses. grin

Estoy bromeando.

to kid sb (ABOUT sth) tomarle el pelo a algn (con algo); he’s just kidding you on o along o (AmE also) around- te está tomando el pelo

b (deceive) engañar; who do you think you’re kidding?- ¿a quién te crees que estás engañando?;

you can’t kid me it was just an oversight- a mí no me vas a hacer creer que se te pasó por alto;

you’re kidding yourself if …- te engañas si …;

don’t kid yourself! ¡no te hagas ilusiones!; stop kidding yourself!- ¡desengáñate!, ¡abre los ojos!

• I like this one: ¡no te hagas ilusiones! - --Mariana-- Oct 22, 2009 flag
  • Hmm... I've never heard that one before... I like it! - LAtINaPunKRO Oct 22, 2009 flag

The first thought I had was what Nila said: Estoy bromeando.

But, thanks, DJ, it's great to know other expressions. I'll remember "estoy jugando" (goes into the mental file cabinet).

Chiste, no más.

Estoy bromeando (I am joking) Es una broma ( it is a joke)

I like how this is going, keep 'em coming. I've never heard "broma" and "bromeando", where's that from?

DJ said:

I've never heard "broma" and "bromeando", where's that from?

The verb is bromear.

no te creas in mexico.. like "dont believe it" they say that all the time