Nobody Knows?

UPDATE: Ya! People know! Thanks to everyone who gave me an answer! smile

¿Como estás hoy?

but im not very good with accents so the accents might be wrong

¿Cómo estás hoy?

¿Cómo está usted hoy?

As a rule, I teach my students to always use the usted form.

I had a similar experience in high school except that the teacher insisted that the "tuteo" was only used when speaking to pets and small children. (leaving aside the fact that she had never visited a Spanish speaking country and could not, herself, actually speak Spanish), I spent the first two-three weeks of my stay in Mexico, learning to use/recognize the "tuteo" (since I was spending most of my time with other teenagers).

These young people did, indeed, use the "usted" form of address with their parents (and, of course) with other (non-related) adults but but my teacher did me no favor by suggesting that there was no good reason to learn to "tutear".

For similar reasons, I would recommend learning the "vosotros" forms. The difference between memorizing 4/5/6 verb forms for each tense is trivial. In all likelihood, you will need to recognize the additional forms, even if you don't use them.

• I'm learning that "tu" is used much more than I ever imagined. Heidita even said that in Spain they use "tu" almost exclusively...even to strangers. - --Mariana-- Oct 16, 2009 flag

como estas hoy? Is how are you today

como estas

Well, it depends. If you were asking a friend, family member, classmate, or pet how he/she was, you would use "Cómo estás hoy," but if you were asking a person in authority, such as a teacher, president, etc. how he/she was, you would use "Cómo está (usted) hoy?"

As a rule, I teach my students to always use the usted form. So I would teach them ¿Cómo está hoy? If for some reason they continue with their Spanish after high school, they will pick up the tú form fast enough. I teach the tú form (generally by asking which form would they use when talking to the President or their grandmothers friends.) But all questions and conversations in my class room they must use the usted form.

Vance >

From a Mexican citizen that I know well (and one who uses a lot of Spanish slang), "como amanecio" means the same thing.

Please correct me if it has a different meaning?