i need help in spanish

Tener, which is irregular, is the word for have. Therefore, the present tense forms of tener are the following: tengo, tienes, tiene, tenemos, and tienen. Hope this helps! smile

As before, it's "Dictionary".

Use the translation tool at the top of the web page.

Hi Savanahlue,

You might want to take Stobber's advice on this one and try entering the word "have" into the translator at the top of the screen. It will take you to a page that will show you not only the correct word to use, but example sentences that demonstrate different ways in which it can be used in a sentence. Not only that, but the other responders are only half-right in that, unlike English, Spanish has two separate words for "to have." One is used primarily as an auxiliary verb and the other is used in most other cases. You might also want to note that if you type in the English version of the word, it brings up certain examples of the word, but if you then type in the Spanish version of the word that you think might be the one you are looking for, then it will also bring up its own page with additional and often more in-depth examples. At any rate, good luck

Tener is the word for have. I won't tell you how to change it, but "tener" is the infinitive. wink

Ignore anyone who gives you a one word answer like "tener". There are two words for 'have', depending on whether you mean to have as in to possess ("I have a car" == "I possess a car") or have as in have-done ("I have driven my car", as you don't possess the action of driving your car, you do it). To have as in to possess is 'tener', and to have as in to have done is 'haber'. Double click these words to go to the dictionary to see examples etc.