la comoda means what in english | SpanishDict Answers

What does la comoda mean in english? En la comoda esta el pantalon.

This should be "la cómoda" with an accent on the first "o" and it means a chest of drawers.

The pants are in the dresser

dresser

Commode: Is any of several pieces of furniture.

The word commode comes from the French word for "convenient" or "suitable".

• Really? I always thought "commode" was a euphemism for "toilet". Learn something new every day... :-) - Gekkosan Jan 26, 2011 flag

molhem said

cómoda means comfortable

Unfortunately not in this instance. The poster has asked about "la cómoda" which is a noun. The poster did, however, forget the accent on the "o".

Sometimes I find it useful to use the dictionary or translation on this site, if I don't know what something means!

This is my second attempt at answering this question, and the only thing that comes to mind is, the pants fit comfortably.

My origanal answer was correct because El pantalón es masculino y queda ,comodo, La falda es feminina y queda comoda y queda comoda. The pants are in the dresser is my final answer.

cómoda means comfortable

• Incorrect in this context. Please see Eddy's reply. - Gekkosan Jan 26, 2011 flag