que dia es hoy | SpanishDict Answers

¿ Qué año es ?

1. Proximo ano sera 2010. wink

what year is it

next year will be 2010

Hoy es el cinco de octubre.

I bring this up agian:

This brings to my mind the use of "el día de hoy" for "today". I use this to say that I will so something or complete something -- today.

Example:

1.) "Voy a lo terminar el día de hoy"

2.) "Voy a lo terminar hoy"

(I am going to finish it today.)

I always use "el día de hoy" and not just "hoy" as in #2 above which I never use. Is #1 correct -- any thoughts or comments?

Daniel,

Don't think I ever really hear anyone say "el día de hoy". I believe that's a pretty formal way to say it. Something like "the present day" in English.

Example 2 is much more common, from my experience, but you misplaced the pronoun. Should be "Lo voy a terminar hoy" or "Voy a terminarlo hoy". Both of those work.

Hope that helps.

Daniel,

Hope that helps.

Mateo: Thanks. I am going to have a hard time not using "el día de hoy". It has become automatic -- I will have to work on it.

I wish it was 2010, new decade. It will be very fun to watch the 2010 New Year's Eve ball drop in New York City on NBC!

Example:

1.) "Voy a terminarlo el día de hoy"

2.) "Voy a terminarlo hoy"

In Spain it would be highly unusual to use el día de hoy or hoy día, however, I am hearing a lot:

El día martes, el día miércoles....

This sounds weird in Spain but is often used in other countries so I guess this el día de hoy can perfectly be used somewhere.

• I picked it up from hearing it used, and have been using it ever since, I guess it's not wrong -- and I am understood and have not been corrected. - Daniel Oct 5, 2009 flag

es el cinco octubre dos mil y nueve.