how would you translate "due diligence" | SpanishDict Answers

for example "due diligence requirements"

I'm not 100% sure about "due diligence", but I know that "due process" is "Derecho a proceso." So perhaps "due diligence" is "Derecho a diligencia"?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong; you need to be very careful when translating of legal/financial documents, as it sounds like you may be, because EVERY word is important.

• I'm not sure if that is right per say - derecho is more of a right as in a right to freedom of speach - which is not the same sense of "due" here. - mctague Oct 2, 2009 flag
  • You may be right. I thought that because "due process" can be thought of as "right to process" the legal context (in English), "due diligence" can also be thought of as "right to diligence". Hence, "derecho a diligencia". But I wouldn't count on it. - jrey0474 Oct 2, 2009 flag
  • I do not agree. See the reply by Qfreed and my referral to "http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs85s.pdf". - Moe Oct 3, 2009 flag

Disculpen ¿no sería " diligencia apropriada " aplicable?

due diligence isn't in the list on this site, but all the others that employ "due" use debida so I'm suggesting " debida diligencia" or "diligencia debida"

Spanish legal terms

• I support the 1st suggestion here, "debida diligencia". See this article "http://www.bis.org/publ/bcbs85s.pdf". - Moe Oct 2, 2009 flag

Uso "la diligencia"

La que es de Didigencia Apropriada es la mas normal, la mas natural, que he visto. wink Yo le voto a Joe.

• As is usual for ChamacoMalo, this reply is without any support and based on whimsy and speculation. It is always well to treat his answers with suspicion. - Moe Oct 2, 2009 flag
  • Oh, yes, and the other thing is ChamacoMalo cannot spell "Diligencia". - Moe Oct 3, 2009 flag