Vaminos - you hear this all the time in movies for 'lets go!. Parallee also uses this at the start of some lessons. Yet, you cant find it anywhere in the conjugation lists.

Im not sure of the spelling but thats how it sounds vamenos, vamanos, vaminos, something like that.

What is the REAL skinny on this!

vámonos

It's a conjugation of irse, in the nos imperative form, which isn't listed. If you followed the rules, it would come from the subjunctive and be vayámonos (the s on the end of vayamos is dropped when you attach the nos pronoun.) I guess this is too formal, so they go with vámonos. Ir is irregular almost everywhere else, so why not in this case?

It´s one of the conguation of the verb IR which means, to go.

If you look up the word IR in the translator and scroll to the bottom, you should see all the different conjugations for IR

• When you say "the translator", do you mean the tab at the top of the page labeled "Translation", right next to "Answers"? I tried putting a verb into that translator and I didn't see any conjugations. - Jason_Bryant Oct 1, 2009 flag
  • When you click "more" at the top, you get a drop-down menu. One choice is "conjugator" which gives complete verb conjutations. - Valerie Oct 1, 2009 flag

If you go to the reference section and type in "What does "vaminos" mean", I had asked that question back in August. There were a few good answers, including one from Lazarus, which I think might be helpful.

You can not find it when going to the regular conjugation chart for "ir".

Hopefully, this helps you as much as it helped me.

Nicole

On the conjugation chart for irse, I found that "vámonos" is the nosotros imperativo or command form. You would normally write it as an exclamation: ¡Vámonos! It means "Let's go!"