What does "ese" mean? | SpanishDict Answers

My friend keeps saying what did you say essay and i don't know what the essay part means

Hi Softballgirl. Welcome to the forum. grin

"Ese" is Mexican slag that is a friendly term used for your closest friends. It translates into something like "homeboy."

I think it is something like slang used to refer to someone, akin to "holmes", "homeboy", etc.

For some more background, I found this

Refers to the person you are talking to or talking about. It takes the place of words like "fool,""nigga,"and "dog" when used on the streets by youth. In 2007 it is mostly used by gang members or by people refering to Mexican American gang members, but not exclusively. The word was used long before the Mexican Mafia, or surenos, existed. Pachucos, Mexican American zoot suiters of the 1940s, used the word ese in Los Angeles, Tucons, El Paso, San Jose, Albuquerque, Gilroy to name a few documented locations. It is true that todays' Mexican American gang members from northern California, aka nortenos, refrain from saying the word ese. This is because "ese" is how you pronounce the letter "S" in Spanish and they take that as referring to "S" for surenos, Mexican American gang members belonging to the 13, the Mexican Mafia that originated in southern california but is now in northern california and other U.S. states.

In the urban dictionary at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ese

I think you meant "esse" with two s's, not one, mainly used in the American Southwest (the Spanish-part of the United States).

well in were i live (ecuador) we our meaning is that ese is that put in far away lets say you say esta it means that but it closer, so ese comes after it means that but farther away exp

ese es mi casa vs este es mi camisa so if your smart you could tell me the difrence!