What does desde mean? | SpanishDict Answers

The sentence reads: "Vemos el tren desde arriba." and "Vemos el tren desde debajo." I want to say "We see the train from above." and "We see the train from below." However the pictures associated with these sentences are confusing.

Desde commonly translates to Since or from.

He estado aqui desde las seis. I have been here since six oclock, etc.

But it can mean from as well ... Desde el principio ... from the beginning.

Espero que esto le haya ayudado smile

Desde translates very well to an archaic English word, "whence." It meant "from where."

My dictionary has, for the first definition, "origen".

Also see point #2 under preposition in our dictionary.

I think you are correct in your translation.

Desde means from. My wife left desde the house and arrived at work on time. wink

Just a different view...it's like they said, it's from. Also, it's when something was established.

Hi Pat

The very first rule of this forum, ie rule 1, is to first do a search either in our dictionary or through our search engine to find the word you are enquiring about. If you require further definitions, then post a question.