"if i was a student in Spain it would be interesting." | SpanishDict Answers

I am trying to say "if i was a student in Spain it would be interesting. I have "Si soy una estudiante en España lo sería interesante." I don't think soy is the right word to use in this, and i think it might be better to use the imperfect tense. Do I say "Si era una estudiante en España lo sería interesante."

• It should be "If I were a student ...." It is a conditional - the "were" shows that you are not a student in Spain. It is an unreal situation. - ian-hill Sep 13, 2009 flag
  • well thank you, but how do i say if i were - ChelseaLikes Sep 13, 2009 flag
  • Try the translator or try to do some lessons as Charlius suggested. - ian-hill Sep 13, 2009 flag
  • well i know its ser. but thank you for answering me. how do i find the specific lesson on it - ChelseaLikes Sep 13, 2009 flag
  • Crud, sabes que? I'll just tell you for now. I don't think it'll help you that much though. 'SI yo fuera un estudiante en Espana, seria interesante.' There's an accent on the 'i' in seria and the 'n' in espana needs to have the squiggly thing on top. - Charlius Sep 13, 2009 flag

They have lessons here for free. Check the section on 'Si' clauses. Additionally, I believe you haven't learned enough grammar yet to say this. I could tell you what it is, but you wouldn't be able to construct a similar sentence, so just check the lessons out. Then you'll be able to construct them for yourself and you'll be able to understand why it is the way it is.

-Charlius-

OK, a hint. 'If I were' is some sort of conjugation of the verb 'ser'-to be. It actually isn't the conditional here. It's the imperfect subjunctive, or the subjunctive used in the past, which is why I just like to refer to it as the past subjunctive. Look that up in the lessons, and learn it well. 'It would be' is the conditional part of the sentence.

-Charlius-

I would look for an alternative and attempt something like:

If I studied in Spain or If I was studying in Spain

Hello dear

My name is queen(single). I was impressed when i saw your profile today at and i will like to establish a long lasting relationship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through this my private e-mail box(queensamale46@yahoo.com) Thanks waiting to hear from you soon. queen I will send to you my pictures in my next mail through this my mail box

queensamale46@yahoo.com