¿Cómo se dice "I want you to be my boyfriend" en español? | SpanishDict Answers

¿Cómo se dice "I want you to be my boyfriend" en español? O "I want to be your girlfriend en español? cool grin cool grin

• Yeah, it means how do you say i want you to be my boyfriend in spanish? - sarahjs Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • Opps sorry I accedently deleted my post! wrong thread! :( ok thanks anyway! - Koalasan Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • You"re welcome :) - sarahjs Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • Great post, Sarah, I voted you up for excellent spelling and punctuation! One small correction: You need an accent on "cómo." - --Mariana-- Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • Ohh yes I voted her to, I done that when I first saw it! lol - Koalasan Sep 10, 2009 flag

Haha, now I will know what this means if a girl asks me this!

Quiero que seas mi novio. (make sure that he knows that you mean boytoy, er, boyfriend, as that could be construed as a marriage proposal).

• Oh wow haha!! - sarahjs Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • :) - Koalasan Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • You might want to take notice that qfreed (correctly) placed the verb ser in the subjunctive mood because "quiero que" was an expression of a wish - Izanoni1 Sep 10, 2009 flag

"seas" is the present tense of the subjunctive mood. Using the subjunctive says something like "I wish you were my girl friend" instead of "You are my girl friend." It's a way to talk about something that isn't necessarily true yet.

Oh my goodness...I feel as if I've learned a full lesson on this subject.

Quiero que tú ser mi novio.

• Quiero ser tu novia. - 0074b507 Sep 10, 2009 flag
  • You must have a que after your quiero...Quiero [que] tú... because of the subject change. - 0074b507 Sep 10, 2009 flag

Haha smile That's really funny!

Ohhh never mind I didn't see your answer there...I had to edit the question "why do you put que after quiero.

Quiero que...different subject

I want you to be...

quiero que seas....

Quiero+verb, same subject

Quiero ser tu novia. I want to be your girl.

Quisera ser lo tuyo. Me gusta andar contigo. In that sense of andar contigo, that's a real big context thing. If we were talking about where our relationship goes from here y tu mi digas a me, yo quiero andar contigo, I would hear it as "I want to go with you" or I want to be your romantic interest.

• yes, true, in Spain we say: quiero salir contigo :) - 00494d19 Sep 11, 2009 flag
  • y tú me digas a mí -come on, this is a grammar forum, after all. - 0074b507 Sep 11, 2009 flag

Thank you Heidita, as I am really trying to get my grammar better tongue wink

Okay, another question...what does "seas" mean? It's in gfreed's answer

what does "seas" mean

Seas is subjunctive of the verb to be.

Quiero que is always followed by subjunctive.

So that would mean it's a form of the verb "ser" right?

In what tense is "seas" in?

• "Subjunctive" is a "mood". The tense for this word in the subjunctive mood is "present". Seas is present tense, subjunctive mood. (I think..well, I will check and delete this comment if wrong.) - Janice Sep 11, 2009 flag

Hi Zack!!