Can someone tell what me the name of a disease called Shingles (also known as herpes zoster) in Spanish, preferably Mexican Spanish? Shingles is related to chickenpox (which in Spanish is known as Varicela), but even though it is caused by the same virus, it is a different condition.

Thank you.

Oh I just found this:

El herpes zóster, o herpes zona, es una reactivación del virus de la varicela caracterizada por pequeñas ampollas dolorosas en forma de anillo agrupadas a lo largo de un dermatoma. Coloquialmente, es más conocido como culebrilla o culebrina,

Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it. I work with Spanish speaking families, and have been having a difficult time explaining why I cannot go to see them for the past 3 weeks.

This is a great site. I think I will be hanging around to brush up on a learn more Spanish. grin

HI vitt, welcome , the one I know is Herpes Zoster, widely known and understood here in Spain.