where do I go to type in a spanish word in order to hear the pronunciation? | SpanishDict Answers

Where do I go to type in a word that I went to hear the pronunciation of in Spanish. I used to have this coming up when I went to spanishdict.com. Now have lost it and need it badly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a thousand times for the answer to my post.

It is really great to have people who care so much.

Eloise

• Why did this recieve a vote? I have no objection to people expressing thanks but this isn't really even an "answer"; it's a response.and (as an unfortunate side-effect of the voting system) it now appears before the answer to which it refers. - samdie Sep 3, 2009 flag

Hi, Velma. Welcome to the forum grin

If you go to the dictionary (a link is at the top of this page) and type in a Spanish word, for example "perro," you will see a little speaker next to the word. Click on that to hear the pronunciation.

• type it in where? work or word What are these avisos you're posting? - 0074b507 Sep 2, 2009 flag
  • Oops...typo! - --Mariana-- Sep 2, 2009 flag

In the dictionary. It has little speaker icons next to both the spanish and english words that you can click on to hear the pronunciation of that word.

You don't even need to type in the word (if it occurs in the messages that you are viewing). You can double -click on any word displayed in a message (as a short-cut to the dictionary) and, if the word is not inflected, you will get a pop-up window that equates the Spanish to the English (or, possibly, the reverse [I haven't tried clicking on an English word}). You can then select the Spanish/English word and, along with the dictionary entry you should have a "loudspeaker" icon which, if selected, will give you the/a pronunciation.