What does panchita mean? | SpanishDict Answers

I went to a Mexican restaurant today for my friend's birthday. While the waiters were singing happy birthday to her they called her Panchita (instead of saying her name). What does panchita mean?

Pancho is a name that is used when you don't know someones name. Sort of like "Mac", "Buddy", "Bubba", or "Joe" in English. Panchita is the diminutive feminine version of Pancho.

Why didn't you simply ask one of them?

• Maybe because, like many celebrations in Mexican restaurants, it was too noisy? - 0057ed01 Nov 19, 2009 flag

Panchita(o) is a diminutive for Pancha(o) and the last one is an alias for Francisca(o)..... Francis in English

It seems to mean something like "little piece of bread" Sincerly, I hope this helps. I tried. remember people say things in Spanish in a way that seems very odd to us on first hearing, but after you get use to their sayings they are very beautiful.

• That would be "pancita" (a horse of a different color). - samdie Sep 29, 2011 flag

panchita is also slang for a small jar of wine.