1

I am looking for the correct phrasing to describe a notebook with three rings in which you place three-hole punched paper.

2

I looked in my Span/Eng – Eng/Span Dictionary (HarperCollins Publishers, 7th Edition, 2003) and found that:

Ring binder = Carpeta de anillas

On a guess, a three Ring binder = Una carpeta de tres anillas.

• Aug 26, 2009
  • Rings- Anillas, that makes sense. - LAtINaPunKRO Aug 26, 2009
1

"Carpeta de anillos" o "carpeta de argollas". The standard is three rings, so I've never heard somebody saying "carpeta de tres argollas". I may be necessary to say if it has two or four rings. Never heard "cartapacio" in Argentina. Sounds Italian though.

1

¡Hola!, Smurf:

¡Buen descubrimiento! As suggested by your teacher, I would accept "cartapacio" as 3 ring binder. Just now I looked at the word in my dictionary and it said:

Cartapacio = [1] (=cuaderno) notebook, o [2] (carpeta) folder

On that definition, I would not have guessed that it meant 3 ring binder.

But, I "Googled" "cartapacio" and here is one of the hits I was referred to Cartapacio.

As the URL is sponsored by a stationer and the Manufacturer is the well known Mead, I'm guessing it's safe to say cartapacio is an OK word for 3 ring binder.

Thanks for your input.

Recuerdos/Regards,

Moe

• Sep 24, 2009
0

I would simply say "El Cuaderno." but there might be a better translation.

0

I learned "binder" as "una carpeta de argollas". I imagine you can say "una carpeta de tres argollas" to mean "a three-ringed binder", but we should wait for natives to come by with better/more common suggestion, as those seem too long.

• Aug 26, 2009
0

Yo he oido que le Llaman "cartapacio"

• Sep 24, 2009
0

I asked a spanish teacher and they are known by different names like the ones above...but I think on of the most corect names that they use in Mexico and south and central america is "cartapacio".

• Sep 24, 2009
0

Listen to the person from Argentina. Also, my teacher said pretty definitively that it's "la carpeta de argollas," and she's a native speaker.

• Oct 1, 2010