go away

HI Adrian, welcome to the forum smile

If you want to use the informal way: vete.

váyase

vete

Hi, this is what this website lists under "away" in the dictionary:

to go away -> marcharse, irse

go away! -> ¡vete!

The first gives you verbs to describe the action. The second is what you say if you just want someone to leave! =)

I'm sure there are other ways of saying it in Spanish. Can't help you with that, though, I'm not a native speaker. All I can do is consult the dictionary.

Hope it helps.

Múdate from the verb mudar

• That's very colloquial, though, and it is not used everywhere. - lazarus1907 Aug 25, 2009 flag

He oido mucho, "¡Dejame en paz!" (Leave me in peace! basically, "Leave me alone!")

The best I can come up with since spanish is not my primary language is alejarse in the formal sense and alejarte in an informal sense. Be sure to place an accent over the "e" in the second syllable "le" which would then make the two-word phrase (go away) more of a command.

• Not only the accent but one needs to also eliminate the "r": "¡Aléjate!¨)for the familiar command. - samdie Sep 5, 2009 flag

I have heard ¡vete! (which has been mentioned several times here) and ¡andáte!

I use sacate, but only among friends and for humorous effect. Basically, it means "Scram, will you?"

Always provokes a smile, but I would never say this to a pestering stranger.

¡quítate de aquí!

get outta here!

"Déjame solo" means leave me alone.

• please note that it is mandatory on this forum to use correct spelling, grammar, and capitalization in your posts. - Mamabeth, I have told you now like a dozen times, further posts withougt following the rules will be deleted. Thanks, - 00494d19 Sep 5, 2009 flag

¡Lárgate!

• accent: Lárgate! - 00494d19 Sep 5, 2009 flag
  • I thought I heard that this was very rude. I mean, if that's what you're looking for, fine, but you probably want to know.... - Valerie Sep 5, 2009 flag

Echate!

I presume vete derived from ir. Conjugators do not show vete only ve. Is vete a combination of ve and te or something totally different?

• Zoltán... derived from irse, i think - Valerie Sep 5, 2009 flag

correct. the 'te' is the reflexive pronoun of 'tú', basically it adds strength/emphasis in this case: eg

've a la tienda...' - go to the shop

'vete a la tienda...' - get yourself down the shop now

so; ¡ve! - go!, '¡vete!' - get lost/go away!

others meaning 'go away':

¡tírate!

¡pírate!

of course if you are speaking to more than one person you would use the vosotros form, using 'os' as the reflexive pronoun, so:

¡vete! (one person, tu form), ¡idos! (more than one, vosotros form)

likewise: ¡lárgate! (1), ¡largaos! (2+)