What does pirobo mean? Colombian Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

Hi,

What does the work pirobo mean please? It doesn't translate and it was sent by a friend in Colombia!

Thanks.

• pirobo no es nada amigable es una palabra que se usa para ofender - claivato Aug 23, 2009 flag
  • The name of the country is "Colombia" in both English and Spanish...there is no "u". - mountaingirl Jul 6, 2010 flag

pirobo

otro enlace

• ahh yup.... that must be it... we all thought they were trying to say piropo .. lol... yeah thats not nice. - NikkiRivera Aug 23, 2009 flag

I'm Colombian, from Cali. (it's Colombia NOT Columbia by the way) Pirobo is Colombian slang (and a bad word) and even though a lot of people use it and don't know what it means, Pirobo means MALE gay (like saying faggot) it refers specially to the "receiving" partner in the sexual act.

Piropo is something else... completely different.. Piropo is a compliment (or line, sometimes poetic or funny). Pirobo is a bad word and it's almost always used before saying "hijueputa" which means son of a ****. Colombians usually say "Pirobo Hijueputa" (literaly translated to faggot sonofa****) Similar to saying "****ing faggot" in English.

• Is this the French Forum? - 00813f2a Jul 6, 2010 flag
  • Spanish actually :P - A1ice Jul 31, 2010 flag
  • By the way this is great! I wanted to know what "pirobo" means in the sentence - Se pirobo y triunfaras" does "pirobo" still mean something bad in this sentence in Colombia? - A1ice Jul 31, 2010 flag

Well I've never heard of Pirobo, are you sure it was Piropo?

I am sure latina is right, piropo is what you are looking for grin

I have heard of Piropo.... in the context i have heard it.... it was a "pick-up line" when someone was flirting with a lady.

actually I just learned that word like 10 minute ago while listening to a spanish lesson.

The man using the word was from Argentina.

http://www.piroposcortos.com/piropo/category/piropos-para-ligar/

• si vivieras en el cielo, moriría para verte - NikkiRivera Aug 23, 2009 flag

By the way this is great! I wanted to know what "pirobo" means in the sentence - Se pirobo y triunfaras" does "pirobo" still mean something bad in this sentence in Colombia?

Well, "Pirobo" is a bad word, basically means "faggot", BUT, in certain cases, "pirobo" refers only to a evil person. In "Sé pirobo y triunfarás", basically it says "Be an evil person and you`ll suceed"

Inappropriate answer.

• Hello Pepe. This sort of language is not allowed in this Forum. Please keep it clean for future posts. Thank you. - Gekkosan Nov 10, 2011 flag

Pirobo is the passive (i.e., receptive) partner in a homosexual relationship. "Se pirobo y triunfaras" means that if you are willing to let other men to do certain things to you, you will succeed. Ricky Martin, Juan Gabriel, and Rafael are all examples of this.