Hola everyone...

I'm Hemala from Malaysia. I'm new to this community.I've just started to learn Spanish language.Solely relying on this community. So hope you guys out there help me to learn it in proper way. Wish me luck yeah...

Mucho gracious smile

¡Te doy las gracias por ayudarme, amigos! Agradezco saber como escribir con tildes. Cambié mi teclado a "internacional" y aprendí apretar la tilde antes de la letra. ¡Es muy fácil!

Escribo mas rápido en los ejecicios y me anoto mejor.

Gracias.

Serena

*Thank you for your help, friends! I am grateful to know how to write with tildes. I changed my keyboard to "international" and I learned to press the tilde before the letter. It's very easy!

I write more quickly in the exercises and I score better.

Thanks.

Serena*

It's possible to use Microsoft word to write with tildes. First you need to change the language to Spanish (this can be done be clicking the language tab at the bottom of the screen), and then write your sentences and press "F7" to include the tildes (F7 brings up spell check and will allow you to make the necessary changes to your words)Welcome, noni.

The problem with that is that Microsoft Word (or any other program/machine, for that matter) most of the time cannot distinguish between words that have forms with and without tildes, and will not flag such words for you to consider individually. Sometimes the difference in meaning is drastic. A few examples (there are thousands):

llamo/llamó
pego/pegó
listo/listó
clamara/clamará
pare/paré
de/dé
se/sé
ano/año
ingles/inglés
como/cómo
aun/aún
que/qué
cual/cuál
mi/mí
tu/tú

The better idea is to learn to write with the tildes to start with. That way you know/understand/are thinking about the correct words in their context, and don't have to worry about "missing one" when you go back to do them all after the fact.

qfreed,

Muchas gracias por dio la ayuda. 'Por favor, habla como escribir con 'accent marks? [tildes]?

Serena

*qfreed,

Thank you for giving the help. Please, (would you) tell me how to write with "accent marks" [tildes]?

Serena*

Buenos días Serena.

Es posible a utilizar el 'Microsoft Word? a escribir con las tildes. Primero necesita cambiar el idioma por el español, y entonces, escribe las frases y pone 'F7? para incluir las tildes.

It's possible to use Microsoft word to write with tildes. First you need to change the language to Spanish (this can be done be clicking the language tab at the bottom of the screen), and then write your sentences and press "F7" to include the tildes (F7 brings up spell check and will allow you to make the necessary changes to your words)

Te doy las gracias por ayudarme. 'Es posible por favor ayuda me escribir con los tildes? No se como. Hace dificil escribir corecto cuando no escribo con tildes. En los lecciones esta' posible escribe con un "click" de la "mouse". No esta' posible en la "Forum."

Hi revserena

Try this link to convert your keyboard. It works also with laptops that do not have a numerical board.

Typing Spanish

¡Hola Revserena!

Te doy las gracias por ayudarme

Is a good way to say "Thank your for helping me"

qfreed,

Serena

*qfreed,

Serena*

Hola Hemala!

Me llamo[del] es [/del]Serena. Estoy también nuevo aquí. (Perdóname por favor. No sé como escribir con "accent marks" [tildes].) Quiero hablar español, pero tuve solamente dos semanas de clases. Espero aprender más de este sitio.

¡Hasta luego!

Serena

*Hi Hemala!

My name is Serena. I am also new here. (Forgive me please. I don't know how to write with accent marks.) I want to speak Spanish, but I only had two weeks of classes. I hope to learn more from this site.

See you later!

Serena*

You wrote that after only two weeks of class! ¡Enhorabuena! (congratulations) You should be fluent and giving us all lessons by the end of the month.

Hola Hemala!

Me llamo es Serena. Estoy tambien nuevo aqui. (Pardona me por favor. No se como escribir con "accent marks".) Quiero hablar Espanol, pero tuve solomente dos semanas de clases. Espero aprendar mas de este site.

Hasta luego!

Serena

*Hi Hemala!

See you later!

Serena*

¡Te doy las gracias por ayudarme Quentin!

I Quentin I didn't notice this until now, I am sure you know "Aloha" is a Hawaiian word and I am going to ask someone who probaly knows, Is there a Hawaiian Language'?
Of course there is a Hawaiian language. I may not be called the Hawaiian language, just as the American (U.S.) language is not (usually) called American, but English. How do you think they communicated before the modern world intruded on them. But Hawaii is an American state now, so aloha is American to me. (we pirate everyone's language without bias or any compunction) What language do you think words like rodeo belong to? We stole (not share, but stole) it years ago. Ask a South American what a rodeo is and see if he has any idea. (he might get roundup, but we changed that meaning a long time ago.)

My apologies to our North, Central, and South American friends, but we are in the process of stealing that word from you too.

I Quentin I didn't notice this until now, I am sure you know "Aloha" is a Hawaiian word and I am going to ask someone who probaly knows, Is there a Hawaiian Language''

¡Hola Hemala y bienvenida al foro! Mi nomrbe es Eric (O me llamo Eric).

¡Buena suerte y buenos días!

¡Bienvenida a SpanishDict y los foros de español e inglés!

Hemala, seen our lessons yet? they are the best on the web and FREE!

LEARN SPANISH

Hola qfreed.

Guess that my lesson starts from you.. Correction noted.. Thank you..

Have a Nice Day Ahead

We've got to stop meeting like this... LOL

[Que] Tenga un buen día.
¡Ten un buen día!
Have a nice day!

or simply Buenos Días. (often used as Good morning, however)
And it's also like "aloha" or "Good Day", it can be used when arriving or leaving.