What is "Una Carta de Amor" by Mario Benedetti about? | SpanishDict Answers

I understand that the narrator is writing a love letter a girl he saw on the bus. He knows she might be too good/pretty for him, but they could be happy together instead of growing old alone. I think. Or I could be completely on the wrong track. Help?

The letter is somewhat of a proposal: that instead of going on to lead a lonely life, they get married and have companionship, even if that companionship is one of convenience/desperation than love. Also, he does not think she is too pretty for him. On the contrary, he says she is heavy set and puts no effort into hiding his opinion of her lackluster looks.

Found two different letters -need to find out which is the correct one. It seems I had the correct one the first time. Can't find it again, but I found another copy.

Una Carta de amor

I don't want to be your Cliff notes, but if you just want to know what it is about, then cut and paste it into the machine translator.

By the way, was that your post on Yahoo.com asking this same question?