0

I'm trying to learn spanish and I'm not sure of the meaning. is it kind of like "never mind"?

• I corrected the misspelling in your title. - 0074b507 Aug 12, 2009

1

I'm trying to find out how to say never mind in spanish. I'm not sure if you say da igual or not

If you look at the link for igual that I wrote above you will see (towards the bottom)

¡Es igual!=never mind

I have written this in the other thread on "never mind" also.

• Aug 12, 2009
0

You should first try looking up the words in the dictionary here before asking. Also, are you sure the phrase isn't "de igual"? Double click on the words!

0

igual

es o da igual -> it doesn't matter, it doesn't make any difference

• Aug 12, 2009
0

Also, frequently, in the phrase "Me da igual" (I don't care / It's all the same to me / etc)

• Aug 12, 2009
0

well i dont know what (da) stands for but I know what the 2nd word means it means (equal) which is the english word for(igual) in spanish. Iam I right or what ??? let me know if that help'ed u out okay ttyl Much love Me Brittany... and god bless u and have a good day ...

• Aug 12, 2009
0

• Aug 12, 2009
0

• Aug 12, 2009
0

For "never mind" can't you also say "no importa" ?

• Aug 12, 2009
  • Well, never mind! I see that Robert-austi already said that on another thread :) - Valerie Aug 12, 2009
0

Yes, "no importa works", but "no me importa" might be a bit more gramatically correct.

• Aug 12, 2009
0

if you say "da igual" (me da igual) it usually means "same here" or "I think likewise" "No importa" refers more to "it doesn't matter to me" or "I don't care."

• Aug 12, 2009
  • I am from Colombia and we use this expression a lot there. Let us say for example: Ricardo, que quieres comer, hamburguesa o hot dog. Me da igual. (Ricardo what do you want to eat, hamburguer or hot dog. It doesn't matter. - RicardoP Aug 12, 2009
0

Yes, "no importa works", but "no me importa" might be a bit more grammatically correct.

They are both correct, but they don't mean the same. It is like "It doesn't matter" and "It doesn't matter to me".

• Aug 12, 2009