What does "da igual" mean in English? | SpanishDict Answers

I'm trying to learn spanish and I'm not sure of the meaning. is it kind of like "never mind"?

• I corrected the misspelling in your title. - 0074b507 Aug 12, 2009 flag

I'm trying to find out how to say never mind in spanish. I'm not sure if you say da igual or not

If you look at the link for igual that I wrote above you will see (towards the bottom)

¡Es igual!=never mind

I have written this in the other thread on "never mind" also.

You should first try looking up the words in the dictionary here before asking. Also, are you sure the phrase isn't "de igual"? Double click on the words!

igual

es o da igual -> it doesn't matter, it doesn't make any difference

Also, frequently, in the phrase "Me da igual" (I don't care / It's all the same to me / etc)

well i dont know what (da) stands for but I know what the 2nd word means it means (equal) which is the english word for(igual) in spanish. Iam I right or what ??? let me know if that help'ed u out okay ttyl Much love Me Brittany... and god bless u and have a good day ...

For "never mind" can't you also say "no importa" ?

• Well, never mind! I see that Robert-austi already said that on another thread :) - Valerie Aug 12, 2009 flag

Yes, "no importa works", but "no me importa" might be a bit more gramatically correct.

if you say "da igual" (me da igual) it usually means "same here" or "I think likewise" "No importa" refers more to "it doesn't matter to me" or "I don't care."

• I am from Colombia and we use this expression a lot there. Let us say for example: Ricardo, que quieres comer, hamburguesa o hot dog. Me da igual. (Ricardo what do you want to eat, hamburguer or hot dog. It doesn't matter. - RicardoP Aug 12, 2009 flag

Yes, "no importa works", but "no me importa" might be a bit more grammatically correct.

They are both correct, but they don't mean the same. It is like "It doesn't matter" and "It doesn't matter to me".